To all of our viewers out there, what would you like to know about us? A friend's birth mother suggested that we write about our marriage because that is what she wanted to know about before she chose her adoptive couple. Today's post will be about our marriage. Feel free to comment about our posts and ask us questions so we know what you would like to learn about us in the future.
* To begin with, we were married in the Idaho Falls temple on April 3, 2009. You already know a little bit about our story, so we will talk about some other things today. The most important thing you should know is that we are happily married, but we are not perfect. Really, we aren't, and that is ok and actually good. In one of our marriage and family relations classes we took at church, our bishop told us that if there are no arguments or disagreements in your marriage, then someone is dominating the relationship and that is not healthy. Because we are looking forward to being together for eternity, we are continually looking for ways that we can improve our marriage relationship.
* Another important part of our marriage is that we love each other and are one another's best friend. This is important in making our marriage work. We trust each other and can share things with each other.
* The gospel of Jesus Christ is important in our marriage. We were both raised in the gospel and look forward to raising our children in the gospel. We are also looking forward to having children sealed to us in the temple so that we can be with them for eternity as well. We're keeping ourselves temple worthy and try to visit the temple at least once a month. A temple picture hangs in almost every room of our home to remind us and our future children of the importance of the temple.
* Our personalities complement each other and help us to work together. We've also noticed that when one of us is struggling the other becomes stronger to help pull us through. A major thing that we work together on is our family budget. It is very important to us to live within our means and to save money for the future. Someday we want to get into couponing, but probably not extreme couponing! We would like to teach our children to value work, wisely control their finances, and to live debt free. We also like working together to clean, cook, and complete other household tasks. We view each other as equals in our home.
* You can also probably tell that family is super important to us and means the world to us! In an ideal situation we'd live near our families for the rest of our lives! We would love for our children to have family interactions while they are growing up. We'd love for them to grow up with grandparent's near and playing with cousins. We also want our children to know about their birth families and to have a relationship with them as well.
So, these are the basics of our marriage. Seriously please let us know if you have any specific questions about this or anything else. We'd love for you to get to know us better.