Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day. It's a difficult holiday for those of us struggling with infertility or the loss of a child. In the past, Mother's Day has been a day full of anguish and people having to walk on egg shells around me. We've spent Mother's Day pent up in home, skipping church, crying, angry, etc. Luckily, for everyone involved, this Mother's Day was different. I called and wished others happy Mother's Day. I accepted and thanked others when they told me the same. I went to all of church and I didn't hide out. I didn't even cry at all. What made the difference? This Mother's Day I tried to have a different perspective.
  1. I realized that I could celebrate mothers, even if I don't have a child here with me.
  2. I realized that I am a mother, my baby is just in Heaven. I needed to gracefully go through the day for Baby J.
  3. Motherhood is obviously a miracle and should be celebrated.
  4. I've been trying to fake it til I make it. 
  5. I realized that I needed to be strong on Mother's Day to be an example for others who are also struggling. 
  6. This article helped a lot too.
  7. Of course Adam helped too. He was very sensitive about the upcoming holiday so he gave me a gift for "Wife's Day" on Friday.
Anyway, we had a great weekend. We attended a wedding at the beautiful Brigham City Utah temple. It was for one of Adam's mission companions.
We also visited with Grandpa Johnson and heard him tell some awesome stories.
We also made a surprise visit to family on Sunday, because a visit from us is a great gift!


P.S. Nora, thank you for the Aunt's Day Card!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I'm so proud of you! I love you so much and I'm glad you had a good Aunt's day!

    ReplyDelete