Sunday, November 3, 2013

Admissions

Are Adam and I "THE PERFECT COUPLE?" Um, no. Do we ever argue? Yes. One of our bishops once taught that if a couple doesn't argue at all, someone is dominating the relationship. So we don't feel too bad about it. That's us being real, we argue sometimes and we will be the first to admit that we are not perfect. It's real life. Adam drives me nuts with his procrastination and I drive him nuts with my struggle to learn stick shift and when I put his dishes away before he is done with them! Marriage is hard work, but it is worth it. Although we have differences, we work together towards common goals like eternity. We take turns being THE STRONG ONE when the other is struggling.

With the admission that we are not the perfect couple, I want to say that I think Adam is the perfect husband for me. I love him!!! He made this weekend all about spending time with me and celebrating my birthday. He put an uber amount of thought into everything and I was really impressed and surprised.  

After I got off of work on Friday, Adam and I drove to Idaho Falls. We ate a scrumptious dinner at Famous Dave's. Then we went to the hotel that Adam had reserved for the night. I was a little skeptical because he had told me it was the Best Western, but it was actually really nice. This was the view from our window!


Adam opened the room door with a flourish and this is what I saw!


Adam had snuck down earlier in the day and decorated our room with tea light candles, roses, rose petals, and Reese's. Super thoughtful right? Impressive! He also brought a stack of chick flick romances to watch, but we ended up being too tired to watch any. Oh, and I forgot to mention that he had cheesecake! Yum!

The next day we woke up and got ready. We went to a local French bakery. I highly recommend the danish. Yum!!! Adam liked the hot cocoa because it reminded him of something called Cocoa Samoa from his mission. Then Adam and I went to the library and read children's books to each other and watched the fish in the pond.



Did you see that fish?! It is absolutely the fattest goldfish that we have ever seen. It could hardly even swim. It's top kept sinking! I think it over eats.

So best husband ever? Yes! At least for me.





1 comment: