What a fun day we had today! Here are the highlights:
* Spending the day caving in Waitomo and watching Adam go snap happy with the camera.
* Entering the Ruakuri Cave through a big spiral staircase and washing our hands before we entered to cleanse our souls. The cave was full of wonderful stalactite formations and glow worm clusters.
* Exploring the Aranui Cave. There were no glow worms in this one, but the stalactites and stalagmites were marvelous! The formation process is mind boggling, especially how long it takes! We saw a big cave cricket in this cave.
(Sorry that there aren't a lot of pictures of Adam! He loves to hoard his new camera!)
* Exploring the Waitomo Glow Worm Cave. It was a bummer because we weren't able to take pictures in here. This cave was awesome because we got to ride a boat through a dark tunnel in the cave and watch the glow worms twinkle on the ceiling. It looked like the stars at night. So cool! The glow worms weren't even as nasty as I thought they would be from watching planet earth.
* Following Google Maps directions to Rotorua in a very round about way.
* Eating dinner at a Thai restaurant and watching Adam's face as his flaming volcano chicken was brought out.