Before we give the highlights of March 9 in Auckland, let's begin with some translations of New Zealand words:
Slips- Rock Slides
Ice Block- Popsicle
Rubbish- Trash or Garbage
No worries- Your Welcome
Kia Ora- Hello
Takeaways- Takeout food
Trolley- Shopping cart
Now here are our day 8 highlights:
* Going to the black sand beach in Piha and finding it wasn't so black, or warm enough to play at.
* Being the only white people in the Mangere shopping center and having little children stare at us.
* Having Adam buy me a beautiful bone and paua shell necklace.
* Visiting the Vong family, whom Adam helped to get baptized. I loved hearing about their lives and their conversions.
* Visiting with Dunn family who also helped the missionaries out tons while Adam was there. I loved hearing from everyone what a great missionary Adam was.
* Visiting with the Schwalger family.
* Going to dinner with the Fatai family at the Lone Star restaurant, eating yummy food, and having great conversation.